lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ian Lea <ian....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Generating a static index
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2011 11:35:18 GMT
You can certainly create a lucene index once and deploy it multiple
times with your app.  It should be portable if you deploy the relevant
lucene jar as well.

So I think that is a yes to "can".  Not sure about the "should"
though.  As far as I'm aware lucene won't index HTML directly although
there are HTML parsers you could use to extract the text and pass it
to lucene.  But there might be better ways to do it - have you asked
in the Grails community?

--
Ian.