lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ian Lea <ian....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene index inside of a web app?
Date Mon, 28 Nov 2011 09:54:33 GMT
What is LUCENE_INDEX_DIRECTORY?  Some static string in your app?

Lucene knows nothing about your app, JSP, or what app server you are
using.  It requires a file system path and it is up to you to provide
that.  I always use a full path since I prefer to store indexes
outside the app and it avoids complications with what the app server
considers the default directory. But if you want to store it inside,
without specifying full path, look at the docs for your app server.

--
Ian.