lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ian Lea <ian....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene Query Parser
Date Mon, 28 Nov 2011 09:30:50 GMT
Just use one of the search() methods that does sorting and specify an
array of sort fields with SortField.SCORE first, then your name
fields.  But be aware that complex real world textual queries and docs
rarely produce identical scores.

You could post-process the results and group them into "good", "OK",
"bad" and sort those groups by name, but then you're in to the thorny
and contentious area of score normalisation.  Although since you're
already using fuzzy queries (and wildcards? your example query shows
"FamilyName: smith *~^8" which looks invalid) maybe you aren't too
bothered about exact ranking.  Play around and use whatever works for
you.

--
Ian.

On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 4:17 AM, Romiko Derbynew
<Romiko.Derbynew@readify.net> wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I am using Lucene with Neo4j. Currently I have queries working well with a combination
of Exact and Fuzzy matches in one query.

> However, we desire a report that first takes the ranking and boosting as the highest
priority, but then we want to sort my first name and last name, and always have the highest
ranks on top. I cannot find a way to do this with the Query Parser API (http://lucene.apache.org/java/2_9_1/queryparsersyntax.html),
is this the case, or do I have to succumb to by passing the query parser API and executing
a custom sort via groovy on Neo4j?