lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ian Lea <>
Subject Re: How to determine result quality
Date Tue, 15 Nov 2011 11:55:57 GMT
While you are correct that as a general rule it can't be done, there
is nothing stopping you from trying in your particular circumstances,
with an unchanging index and standard queries.  Look at the scores and
the matches and decide where the good/bad threshold lies and hard code
that in your application.  Just remember that if you change things you
are likely to need to change the threshold too.