lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Felipe Carvalho <felipe.carva...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Phonetic search with Lucene 3.2
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2011 11:50:21 GMT
Thanks for the reply, Paul!

I got this example from Lucene In Action:

public void testKoolKat(){
    RAMDirectory directory = new RAMDirectory();
    Analyzer analyzer = new MetaphoneReplacementAnalyzer();

    IndexWriter writer = new IndexWriter(directory, analyzer, true);
    Document doc = new Document();
    doc.add(Field.Text("contents", "cool cat"));
    writer.addDocument(doc);
    writer.close();

    IndexSearcher searcher = new IndexSearcher(directory);
    Query query = QueryParser.parse("kool kat", "contents", analyzer);

    Hits hits = searcher.search(query);

    assertEquals(1, hits.length);
    assertEquals("cool cat", hits.doc(0).get("contents"));

    searcher.close();
}

Now suppose my document had a particular field I don't want to be
metaphones one the search, for instance, "exactName". For example, suppose
I want to look for all documents which contents phonetically match "kool
kat" and exactName match "kat" but not "cat", generating an expression like
this: "exactName:kat AND contents:kool kat".

Is it possible to do this? If so, how would I do it? Can I use specific
analyzers for each field?

Thanks,
  Felipe