lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Felipe Carvalho <felipe.carva...@gmail.com>
Subject Filtering search results
Date Mon, 21 Nov 2011 01:35:08 GMT
Hello,
  I'm working on a people finder app over an index built of Person
documents. Among other attributes (name, gender, phone, ...) I have a
hiringType attribute, which possible values are EMPLOYEE and CONSULTANT.
  When I run a "name" search over these documents, I need to render two
lists: employees that match the search criteria and consultants that match
the criteria.
  I'm running Lucene 3.4, is there a way for Lucene to hand me over those
lists of documents separately on the same query?
  Currently I run the query and then loop through the results, separating
employees and consultants in two lists, is there a better way to do this?
  A heard a colleague saying Solr supports this through "faceted search"
(I'm not sure this is the right name), is there such thing on Lucene as
well? (unfortunately using Solr is not an option for this app)

Thanks!