lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Bill Mitchell <voca...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: ElasticSearch
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2011 14:37:43 GMT
Under the covers, ElasticSearch contains mutliple lucene indexes -- so the
full expressiveness of lucene queries are translatable to ElasticSearch --
but the benefit of using ES as an abstraction layer to give sharded
searches is something attractive enough that we're looking at it too.  ;)

We typically see fairly large lucene index over time, and having
ElasticSearch to 'purge' sets of data, but still get federated searches is
very very attractive.

Perhaps a discussion of moving from SOLR to ElasticSearch would be a more
fair comparison.

regards,
Bill