lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Simon Willnauer <simon.willna...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: ElasticSearch
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2011 20:15:25 GMT
On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 8:03 PM, Yonik Seeley
<yonik@lucidimagination.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 2:53 PM, Simon Willnauer
> <simon.willnauer@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> dude, look at this query... its insane isn't it :)
>
> Sorry... what's the equivalent you'd like instead?

oh, I think there are many ways to design a DSL for querying..
something I can read and understand without reading documentation
maybe? :)

> Or if you're just unjustifiably bitching about Solr again, maybe I
> should take a stroll through Lucene land and bitch about
> incomprehensible code, APIs that are increasingly hard to use, APIs
> that keep changing on a whim w/o regard to existing users, etc.

I think you should do it. I mean this can only take us further! Ask
for 400% and get 100% ....more than nothing. Sitting there thinking
the APIs suck doesn't move us anywhere. Its open source. please help
getting the APIs straight!

> Your attitude is getting tiring.

sorry about that... I think its not my attitude, I am not against solr
or anything but if you look at the differences we should try to
improve where the biggest gaps are visible instead of keeping quiet.

simon