lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Peter Karich <peat...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: ElasticSearch
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2011 18:36:31 GMT
 Hi,

its not really fair to compare NRT of Solr to ElasticSearch.
ElasticSearch provides NRT for distributed indices as well... also when
doing heavy indexing Solr lacks real NRT.

The only main disadvantages of ElasticSearch are:
 * only one (main) committer
 * no autowarming

> the ES team in the end has found it good as a storage but difficult to
extend for a lucene expert.

The nice thing with ES is that you can e.g. create lucene queries with
even high complexity as ES supports lucene-like query nesting via JSON.
Also when implementing server side stuff you can take advantage of full
lucene power.

Ah, before I forgot it: it is very important to test the software
yourself. Do not trust me or anybody else :), also the software should
fit to your environment, requirements + team!

Regards,
Peter.

PS: here is my different comparison:
http://karussell.wordpress.com/2011/05/12/elasticsearch-vs-solr-lucene/