lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Federico Fissore <feder...@fissore.org>
Subject Re: ElasticSearch
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2011 14:53:58 GMT
Peyman Faratin, il 16/11/2011 15:12, ha scritto:
> Hi
>
> A client is considering moving from Lucene to ElasticSearch. What is the community's
opinion on ES?

> thank you

we have recently compared ES to Solr to estimate the effort of evolving
our search infrastructure (it was game like: two teams tried to "sell"
each software to the other one)

the ES team in the end has found it good as a storage but difficult to
extend for a lucene expert. the Solr one provided some extension
examples and argued that raw lucene API access was easier. Solr was "sold"

Hope it's clear how relative this analysis was WRT to the quality of the
teams and the time they had for the evaluation, but we are extending
solr ATM, so we hope not to have missed the point completely

regards

federico