lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From SBS <jturn...@uow.edu.au>
Subject PorterStemFilter causes wildcard searches to not work
Date Mon, 21 Nov 2011 19:41:11 GMT
It seems that when I use a PorterStemFilter in my custom analyser, wildcard
searches malfunction.

As an example, I have the words "appendicitis" and "sensitisation" in our
content.  When I enter a query of "a*itis" I would expect to have
"appendicitis" match but instead I get "sensitisation" and not
"appendicitis".  If I remove the PorterStemFilter then things behave as I
would have expected and desired.

Why is this happening?  Is there a way to apply a PorterStemFilter and still
be able to use wildcards?

I am using Lucene 3.2.

Thanks,

-sbs