lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: lucene highlighter
Date Sun, 20 Nov 2011 16:21:32 GMT
Hi

> Thanks for your useful comments:
>
> here I could do what I want with the highlighter which work with lucene 3:
>
>  QueryScorer scorer = new QueryScorer(query, reader, "contents");
>           Highlighter highlighter = new Highlighter(scorer);
>
>           String fragment = highlighter.getBestFragment(analyzer,
> "contents", contents);
>

> I have one question, you mentioned:  „You also need contrib-memory-3.0.3.jar
> to actually run your program (not for compiling)."
>
> Is this needed only for optimization issue? I searched in the web and I couldn't
> rally find this jar. Is it available online?

You need the memory contrib module if your underlying lucene index does not contain term vectors.
Download the complete Lucene 3.0.3 binary tarball from the apache-site, it contains all JAR
files, mixing JAR files produced by builds from different vendors may break your application.
Memory contrib is named lucene-memory-3.0.3.jar.

Uwe