lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: lucene highlighter
Date Sun, 20 Nov 2011 11:30:07 GMT
Hi,

You should review the new API of Lucene 3.0, SpanScorer was replaced by something else. The
CHANGES.txt of the contrib package may give you some hints. Its long time ago that we changed
this api (Lucene 3.0 is also "ancient"). Contrib-Highlighter may break backwards compatibility
even with minor versions, as it's not covered by the strict backwards compatibility of the
Lucene Core. So best is to review the javadocs of 2.4, 2.9 and 3.0, too.

> I checked the class path and there were no old version of lucene only:
> lucene-highlighter-3.0.3.jar and lucene-core-3.0.3.jar

You also need contrib-memory-3.0.3.jar to actually run your program (not for compiling).

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen