lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: ElasticSearch
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2011 20:18:01 GMT
> Or if you're just unjustifiably bitching about Solr again

Sorry, this query is really ununderstandable. Those complex queries should
have a meaningful language, e.g. a JSON object structure (like
XMLQueryParser, but instead JSON). Those queries are never entered by users
only by machines, why not make them easy interpretable and produceable by
using structured objects and not ugly string-concatenations - leads to
security bugs like SQL injection.

> maybe I should take a
> stroll through Lucene land and bitch about incomprehensible code, APIs
that
> are increasingly hard to use, APIs that keep changing on a whim w/o regard
> existing users, etc.  Your attitude is getting tiring.

This only affects bulk postings. In my opinion, the trunk APIs are much
easier to understand than the broken 3.x API.

Uwe