lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Jamir Shaikh <shaikhja...@gmail.com>
Subject Case insensitive Keyword Analyser
Date Sat, 15 Oct 2011 00:21:42 GMT
Hi Guys,

Use Case: Field: Name
                 Data:  Jose ,
                           Jose Sam,
                            jose,
                            jose jacob,
                             jose ,
                                      joseph,
                                      josef ,
                             S. Jose,
                             B. jose
              etc.

There is a field (Name), I want to index this field.
I will be searching this field for a Wildcard query
e.g. jose*
This should return all names starting with jose.

Search: Jose* (should return all names starting with jose)

Solution:
1. Using Standard analyser.

Problem with Standard Analyser:
If I use Standard Analyser in addition to correct results it returns results
like S. Jose, B. jose
which do not start with Jose.

2. Using Keyword Analyser.
Problem with Keyword Analyser:
Keyword Analyser is case sensitive so it misses names like Jose, Jose Sam,
This happens becuase a search Jose* will be changed to jose* (all small
letters)

So is there any analyser available which will take care of such use case.
What I am searching is a Case insensitive Keyword Analyser.
 Or let me know if there is any other approach to handle this use case.

Thanks,
Jamir