lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: About "join.search" in 3.4 version.
Date Thu, 20 Oct 2011 10:44:42 GMT
I don't think the new join package in Lucene 3.4 will work for this
case; you need more general join implementation, which eg Solr and
ElasticSearch have implemented.

Generic join hasn't yet been factored out into Lucene (but I think it
really needs to be... any volunteers!?).

Lucene's join package can handle use cases like nested documents or
parent/child, because it requires that you index a single primary row
AND all joined documents together as a single block of documents.

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com