lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Doron Cohen <cdor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Scoring in Lucene
Date Fri, 07 Oct 2011 19:37:56 GMT
To my understanding this stems from V(q) ยท V(d) (see the "*Conceptual
Scoring Formula*") - the elements in those vectors are *Tf-idf* values, and
so, implementation wise (see the "*Practical Scoring Function*"),  idf(t) is
multiplied by itself: once for the query and once for the document.

HTH,
Doron