lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Devon H. O'Dell" <devon.od...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IndexReader#reopen() on externally changed index
Date Mon, 17 Oct 2011 02:38:06 GMT
In my experience, reopen will find all changes on an index, whether it was
modified by the same process or not. If you're replicating over a network,
you might need some barrier / lock around the reopen call to make sure the
replicated index is complete. Obviously with something as fickle as a
network, you may need some extra protection around this. It has worked best
for me to replicate using IndexWriter wrapping some transport protocol.

--dho