lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ian Lea <ian....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene java doc help
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2011 08:25:56 GMT
The "Expert" note means that ordinary non-expert users like me should
not be using it directly.  It will likely be called behind the scenes
by some other method not flagged as expert, and it is those that we
should be using.  Only developers and clever people doing clever
extensions and the like would be expected to use the expert methods
directly.

--
Ian.

On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 8:30 AM, janwen <tom.grade1986@163.com> wrote:
> Following is an Enum Constant from lucene java doc,I do not understand the meaning of
"Expert" note,What does the Expert mean? thanks
> ANALYZED_NO_NORMS
> public static final Field.Index ANALYZED_NO_NORMS
> Expert: Index the tokens produced by running the field's value through an Analyzer, and
also separately disable the storing of norms. See NOT_ANALYZED_NO_NORMS for what norms are
and why you may want to disable them.