lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <>
Subject Re: Bet you didn't know Lucene can...
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2011 15:50:57 GMT
At the group where I worked at UVa once upon a time, a coworker built Juxta, this way cool
tool to diff multiple versions of a document visually with heat maps and "difference"-o-meters,
and it leverages Lucene analyzers to extract words and positions and such.

You can find it here:

On Oct 22, 2011, at 05:11 , Grant Ingersoll wrote:

> Hi All,
> I'm giving a talk at ApacheCon titled "Bet you didn't know Lucene can..." (
 It's based on my observation, that over the years, a number of us in the community have done
some pretty cool things using Lucene that don't fit under the core premise of full text search.
 I've got a fair number of ideas for the talk (easily enough for 1 hour), but I wanted to
reach out to hear your stories of ways you've (ab)used Lucene and Solr to see if we couldn't
extend the conversation to a bit more than the conference and also see if I can't inject more
ideas beyond the ones I have.  I don't need deep technical details, but just high level use
case and the basic insight that led you to believe Lucene could solve the problem.