lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Christoph Kaser <christoph.ka...@iconparc.de>
Subject Merging several taxonomy indexes for faceted search
Date Wed, 19 Oct 2011 07:26:40 GMT
Hi all,

I am planing to change my existing lucene index to use the new facets
introduced in lucene 3.4.0.

Unfortunately, I could not find an answer to my question in the
documentation:

I create a relatively large index of 8 million books by dividing it into
several smaller groups of documents, creating indices for them, and then
joining them all together to one big index using |IndexWriter.addIndexes|.

This allows the work to be split among several threads or even computers.

I now would like to add faceted search capabilities to my index to allow
grouping by author and publisher, but I have the following problem:
Can I merge/add/join several taxonomy indexes as created by
LuceneTaxonmyWriter, and if so, how would I do that?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Best Regards,
Christoph