lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Em <mailformailingli...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: How is Number of Boolean Clauses calculated - Minimum Should Match?
Date Fri, 07 Oct 2011 17:54:50 GMT
Hoss,

did you have a look on the responses you got?
The first one is really interesting. It asks about the behaviour when
synonyms come into play.

>From my understanding this could be also dangerous for queries that
reduce the number of tokens.
Imagine: Search Engine => SE (reduced to SE).
This should have the same impact on the min should match as a stopword, no?

What if I remove a stopword but add another token when synonyms come in?

Just some thoughts :).

Regards,
Em