lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Em <mailformailingli...@yahoo.de>
Subject How is Number of Boolean Clauses calculated - Minimum Should Match?
Date Wed, 05 Oct 2011 07:42:57 GMT
Hello list,

in what way does BooleanQuery calculates the number of its clauses? Is
this number based on the analyzed query or based on the raw query-string?

Imagine you got a StopFilter or a SynonymFilter applied to a
BooleanQuery during analyzing - the number of clauses could shrink or
increase.

I remind that in connection with the MinimumShouldMatch-param there may
occur problems if you query fields with an applied StopFilter and some
fields without.

I tried to answer a question on mailinglists and noticed that I am
relatively unsure about how MM is calculated in general and how
especially in Solr (since I am not sure, I am a little bit confused when
I made a code review).

Thank you!

Regards,
Em