lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Bernd Fehling <>
Subject query switched filters
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2011 08:19:02 GMT
Dear list,

I'm in the need of query switched filters (to turn filters on and off by query parameter).
I've already send my idea to the solr list and asked for opinions, but no complains from there.

Because this also effects Lucene I'm asking here also if there are any complains, opinions
or better ideas.

I will start with ShingleFilter and SynonymFilter.
There will be added an attribute "querySwitch".
The value of "querySwitch" is the name of the query parameter.

<filter class="solr.ShingleFilterFactory"
         querySwitch="sff" />

So with the above setting I can then turn the filter off for specific queries.

If "querySwitch" is not set it defaults to "true"/"on".
Any other value than "false"/"off" will use the filter.

Any opinions or better solutions or ideas?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message