lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Bet you didn't know Lucene can...
Date Sat, 22 Oct 2011 09:11:25 GMT
Hi All,

I'm giving a talk at ApacheCon titled "Bet you didn't know Lucene can..." (http://na11.apachecon.com/talks/18396).
 It's based on my observation, that over the years, a number of us in the community have done
some pretty cool things using Lucene that don't fit under the core premise of full text search.
 I've got a fair number of ideas for the talk (easily enough for 1 hour), but I wanted to
reach out to hear your stories of ways you've (ab)used Lucene and Solr to see if we couldn't
extend the conversation to a bit more than the conference and also see if I can't inject more
ideas beyond the ones I have.  I don't need deep technical details, but just high level use
case and the basic insight that led you to believe Lucene could solve the problem.

Thanks in advance,
Grant

Grant Ingersoll
http://www.lucidimagination.com