lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: How is Number of Boolean Clauses calculated - Minimum Should Match?
Date Wed, 05 Oct 2011 09:39:02 GMT
Hi,

The TooManyClausesException is thrown by BooleanQuery.add(Clause). Because
of this, it can only count clauses actually added to the BooleanQuery -
terms thrown away by QueryParser before are not counted as they will not be
in the final query. If a token in the query parser expands to multiple
synonyms, multiple clauses are added and count against the limit.

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen