lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From v.se...@lombardodier.com
Subject Re: deleting with sorting and max document
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2011 14:28:48 GMT
Hi,

this was clear actually. I was questionning the performance impact to call
IndexReader.deleteDocument(int docNum) one million time. any information
about that?

thanks,
vincent

Ian Lea <ian.lea@gmail.com>

14.09.2011 16:20
Please respond to
java-user@lucene.apache.org

java-user@lucene.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: deleting with sorting and max document

You don't do it with deleteDocuments() but with
IndexReader.deleteDocument(int docNum), as I said.

To spell it out a bit more:

Execute a search to get a list of document ids,
searching/sorting/whatever as you wish.

Then loop through that list of document ids calling
IndexReader.deleteDocument(int docNum) for each one.

Hope that's clearer.

--
Ian.