lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Lukáš Vlček <lukas.vl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Search highlighter for custom Query implementations - how to?
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2011 10:28:08 GMT
Thanks Michael,

at least I would say that it would be good to state this clearly in Lucene
API.

More specifically, both the WeightedSpanTermExtractor#getWeightedSpanTerms
and #getWeightedSpanTermsWithScores should reflect this in Javadoc. Because
both execute private method extract(Query query,
Map<String,WeightedSpanTerm> terms) which checks a specific Query subclasses
only. As I pointed out not only custom Query implementations will fall
through without any results but also some Lucene built-in Queries (like
BoostingQuery) and that is confusing IMHO.

Should a ticket be opened?

Regards,
Lukas