lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Failed to create text index reader for .frq file
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2011 22:04:50 GMT
Hmmm, it rather looks like somehow some of your
index files got deleted from your index directory.
a .frq file is one of the files that contains document
frequency information. The fact that Lucene
can't find _166.frq indicates you've been using this
index for a while and created a bunch of segments.

There exists a program called checkindex that
can be used to help figure out the state of your
index. See:
http://solr.pl/en/2011/01/17/checkindex-for-the-rescue/

And if you're using Java7, you should be aware
of:
http://lucene.apache.org/solr/#28+July+2011+-+WARNING%3A+Index+corruption+and+crashes+in+Apache+Lucene+Core+%2F+Apache+Solr+with+Java+7

What happens if you point Luke at your index?

Best
Erick