lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Charlie Hubbard <charlie.hubb...@gmail.com>
Subject Extracting all documents for a given search
Date Fri, 16 Sep 2011 16:30:50 GMT
I'm trying to reimplement a feature I had under 2.x in 3.x.  I have a
feature where a zip file for all of the documents returned by a search can
be exported.  Now with the newer APIs you have to put an upper limit on the
search so it won't return more than X documents.  I'd like to extract all of
the documents matched by that search.  I've been trying to understand how
Collectors work, but I'm not sure I see the connection.  If I wanted to walk
over each document that matches the search and save the contents to the zip
how would that best be done?

Thanks
Charlie