lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ian Lea <ian....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Converting Older indexes and NumericField?
Date Fri, 23 Sep 2011 10:15:03 GMT
You'll need to rebuild the whole index.

You may get better performance or save space by using lower precision.
See the javadocs for NumericField.  My advice would be that If you
don't need millisec precision, don't use it.

The release notes for 3.4.0 say "The modular QueryParser
(contrib/queryparser) can now create NumericRangeQuery" so that sounds
well worth a look, if you can upgrade to that release.

--
Ian.