lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ian Lea <ian....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: search match documents and pagination in lucene3.x
Date Wed, 21 Sep 2011 08:26:58 GMT
The n in search(Query query, int n) specifies the number of hits
(docs) you want returned.  There is no point in lucene accumulating
10,000 if you only want 10 for the first page.

TopDocs.totalHits tells you the total number of hits for the query.

If you actually want all the hits, see the thread from a couple of
days ago about that.

--
Ian.

On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 9:13 AM, janwen <tom.grade1986@163.com> wrote:
> thanks.Ian.
>
> The number of the results matched the query is the return value:  TopDocs search(Query
query, int n) ,the n arg pass to the method means that lucene just
> search the top n results.But i want to get the matched number that is the whole index
returned not the n i pass into the   TopDocs search(Query query, int n) .Hope i clear my issue.

>  thanks again
> 2011-09-21
>

> janwen | China

> 网易闪电邮(fm.163.com),免登录、助您同时管理多个邮箱!