lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ian Lea <ian....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: deleting with sorting and max document
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2011 14:19:35 GMT
You don't do it with deleteDocuments() but with
IndexReader.deleteDocument(int docNum), as I said.

To spell it out a bit more:

Execute a search to get a list of document ids,
searching/sorting/whatever as you wish.

Then loop through that list of document ids calling
IndexReader.deleteDocument(int docNum) for each one.

Hope that's clearer.

--
Ian.