lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Puneet Pawaia <puneet.paw...@gmail.com>
Subject Different results for SpanNear with SpanNot and Boolean Not with SpanNear
Date Sat, 24 Sep 2011 12:17:51 GMT
Hi All,

 I find that the following 2 queries

 State NEAR (biha* NOT bihar) which expands to base
{Lucene.Net.Search.Query} = {spanNear([contents:state,
spanNot(SpanRegexQuery(contents:biha.*), contents:bihar)], 10, False)}

 (state NEAR biha*) NOT (state NEAR bihar) which expands to base
{Lucene.Net.Search.Query} = {+spanNear([contents:state,
SpanRegexQuery(contents:biha.*)], 10, False) -spanNear([contents:state,
contents:bihar], 10, False)}

 I would have expected them to give the same results. BTW I am using
Lucene.Net

 Any help in identifying what could be wrong ?

 Thanks

Puneet