lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From James Faulkner <James.Faulk...@vyre.com>
Subject Use of enablePositionIncrements in StopFilter and QueryParser
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2011 11:38:00 GMT
I have a question regarding the usage of enablePositionIncrements in StopFilter in Lucene 3.3.
I wish to disable this which can be easily done using the setEnablePositionIncrements method
in FilterTokenFilter.  However, the JavaDoc for that method states:

NOTE: be sure to also set {@link QueryParser#setEnablePositionIncrements} if you use QueryParser
to create queries.

I am indeed using QueryParser to create queries. Will it cause any conflicts if the value
of enablePositionIncrements in Stopfilter is false while the value of enablePositionIncrements
in QueryParser is true?  From my own investigations I believe that the only time a conflict
will occur is if enablePositionIncrements in Stopfilter is true while enablePositionIncrements
in QueryParser is false.  Would I be correct in this assumption?

Thanks for the help,
James