lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Peyman Faratin <pey...@robustlinks.com>
Subject Re: Problem with BooleanQuery
Date Thu, 22 Sep 2011 13:05:14 GMT

On Sep 22, 2011, at 4:59 AM, Ian Lea wrote:

>> I am not analyzing the title
>>
>> Field titleField = new Field("title", article.getTitle(),Field.Store.YES, Field.Index.NOT_ANALYZED);
>
> OK.  But the output you quote says "no match on required clause
> (title:List of newspapers in New York)" so something is out of synch
> somewhere.

i am reindexing the content with no analysis in case.

> What does Luke show? See

luke shows the title as unanalyzed text.

> http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/LuceneFAQ#Why_am_I_getting_no_hits_.2BAC8_incorrect_hits.3F
> for more things to check.

i'll walk through them as soon as i can.

>> Do you think booleanquery is the right approach for solving the problem (finding
lucene score of a word or a phrase in _a_ particular document)?

> Sounds OK to me.  You could look at the contrib MemoryIndex as a
> possible alternative.

thanks for your help Ian

Peyman

> --
> Ian.
>

>> On Sep 21, 2011, at 1:00 PM, Ian Lea wrote:
>>
>>> How is the "title" field indexed?  Seems likely it is analyzed in
>>> which case a TermQuery won't match because "list of newspapers in New
>>> York" would be analyzed into terms "list", "newspapers", "new", "york"
>>> assuming things were lowercased, stop words removed etc.
>>>
>>> Maybe you need your "word" as TermQuery, assuming it is lowercased
>>> etc., and pass the title through query parser.  In other words,
>>> reverse what you've got for the two fields.
>>>
>>> As for performance, first narrow down where it is taking the time.  If
>>> it is in lucene, read
>>> http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/ImproveSearchingSpeed
>>>

>>> --
>>> Ian.

in _a particular_ given document. The 2 candidates i have been trying are

Cutting  QueryWrapperFilter option is less preferable than Boolean Query. However, I am experiencing
both performance (very slow) and response problems (query is not matched to any doc).

below it is "list of newspapers in New York http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_newspapers_in_New_York").
We then create a boolean term query with that must match on the title and content must match
the user query ('american' in the example below).

"list of newspapers in New York").

The search is very slow too.