lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "建文"<tom.grade1...@163.com>
Subject lucene3.x vs lucene2.x
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2011 06:18:01 GMT
hi:
   We want to use lucene in our website,The team is confued with using which version in our
project.I google a lot and see the changelog on apache site.But i did not get a lot more usefule
info.I personally want to use the latest verion of lucene.But i can not persuade the team.Could
anyone give me some info?thanks
2011-09-07

janwen | China
website : http://www.qianpin.com/
twitter : http://twitter.com/loujianwen

网易闪电邮(fm.163.com),您的专属邮件管家

发件人: Erick Erickson <erickerickson@gmail.com>
发送时间: 2011-09-07 06:05
主 题: Re: Failed to create text index reader for .frq file
收件人: java-user@lucene.apache.org

Hmmm, it rather looks like somehow some of your
index files got deleted from your index directory.
a .frq file is one of the files that contains document
frequency information. The fact that Lucene
can't find _166.frq indicates you've been using this
index for a while and created a bunch of segments.

There exists a program called checkindex that
can be used to help figure out the state of your
index. See:
http://solr.pl/en/2011/01/17/checkindex-for-the-rescue/

And if you're using Java7, you should be aware
of:
http://lucene.apache.org/solr/#28+July+2011+-+WARNING%3A+Index+corruption+and+crashes+in+Apache+Lucene+Core+%2F+Apache+Solr+with+Java+7

What happens if you point Luke at your index?

Best
Erick