lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "建文"<>
Subject lucene3.x vs lucene2.x
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2011 06:18:01 GMT
   We want to use lucene in our website,The team is confued with using which version in our
project.I google a lot and see the changelog on apache site.But i did not get a lot more usefule
info.I personally want to use the latest verion of lucene.But i can not persuade the team.Could
anyone give me some info?thanks

janwen | China
website :
twitter :

发件人: Erick Erickson <>
发送时间: 2011-09-07 06:05
主 题: Re: Failed to create text index reader for .frq file

Hmmm, it rather looks like somehow some of your
index files got deleted from your index directory.
a .frq file is one of the files that contains document
frequency information. The fact that Lucene
can't find _166.frq indicates you've been using this
index for a while and created a bunch of segments.

There exists a program called checkindex that
can be used to help figure out the state of your
index. See:

And if you're using Java7, you should be aware

What happens if you point Luke at your index?

On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 3:33 PM, Nilesh Vijaywargiay
<> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am facing a error while processing a set of data.. the description says
> "Failed to create text index reader for .../.../_166.frq (The System cannot
> find the specified path).
> I have never seen this error in the past neither have I seen this file in
> the index folder ever.  Does lucene take care of this file or we need some
> add-on or third party software for this particular file?
> Thanks

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: