lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "建文"<tom.grade1...@163.com>
Subject Re: Re: lucene3.x vs lucene2.x
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2011 11:25:02 GMT
thanks so much. I will give your advice to my team.thanks

2011-09-07

janwen | China
website : http://www.qianpin.com/
twitter : http://twitter.com/loujianwen

一键发送本地文件,请用网易闪电邮(fm.163.com)!

发件人: Erick Erickson <erickerickson@gmail.com>
发送时间: 2011-09-07 19:05
主 题: Re: lucene3.x vs lucene2.x
收件人: java-user@lucene.apache.org

First, a small background on versions. There is no version 2. When
Lucene and Solr merged, Lucene was on version 2.9 and Solr was 1.4.1 so,
rather than have two different numbers (i.e. Solr 2.x and Lucene 3.x),
Solr skipped 2 and went straight to 3. Now Solr and Lucene are released
jointly and have the same versions.

OK, that said, I really think that using Solr 1.4x is a mistake at this
point. 3.x
(current version 3.3, 3.4 to be released soon) is a much better idea, it has
some very significant improvements. It is being used in production at a
number
of large sites, etc. It is quite stable and tested.

The current bleeding-edge code is the "trunk" version, which will be 4.x
when
it is released (possibly this year, although that's not certain). the 3.x
code line
gets some selected enhancements simultaneously with 4.x, but only ones
that are considered either very safe or necessary. The risky changes are
applied to the 4.x code line.

Hope this helps
Erick