lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Paul Taylor <paul_t...@fastmail.fm>
Subject Re: OverlappingFileLockException when optimizing large index
Date Thu, 22 Sep 2011 13:20:29 GMT
On 22/09/2011 13:57, Paul Taylor wrote:
> On 22/09/2011 11:56, Paul Taylor wrote:
>> Id made just a few changes to my code to remove deprecations that
>> ocurred when I upgraded to Lucene 3.1, all tests work fine but when I
>> tried to build a real index it gives this error during optimization
>> stage
>>
>> Exception in thread "main"
>> java.nio.channels.OverlappingFileLockException
>>     at
>> sun.nio.ch.FileChannelImpl$SharedFileLockTable.checkList(FileChannelImpl.java:1166)
>>     at
>> sun.nio.ch.FileChannelImpl$SharedFileLockTable.add(FileChannelImpl.java:1068)
>>     at sun.nio.ch.FileChannelImpl.tryLock(FileChannelImpl.java:868)
>>     at java.nio.channels.FileChannel.tryLock(FileChannel.java:962)
>>     at
>> org.apache.lucene.store.NativeFSLock.obtain(NativeFSLockFactory.java:216)
>>     at org.apache.lucene.store.Lock.obtain(Lock.java:72)
>>     at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.<init>(IndexWriter.java:1097)
>>     at
>> org.musicbrainz.search.index.ThreadedIndexWriter.<init>(ThreadedIndexWriter.java:66)
>>     at
>> org.musicbrainz.search.index.IndexBuilder.createIndexWriter(IndexBuilder.java:229)
>>     at
>> org.musicbrainz.search.index.IndexBuilder.main(IndexBuilder.java:152)

Using

fsDir = FSDirectory.open(new File(path), NoLockFactory.getNoLockFactory() );

does work but dont see why this is neccessary.

But this might be a speed improvement I could make anyway, although Im
building multiple indexes, any one index is only being built by one
thread, and the indexes are not being accessed by any index reader
whilst being built

Paul