lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Paul Taylor <>
Subject Re: OverlappingFileLockException when optimizing large index
Date Thu, 22 Sep 2011 13:01:40 GMT
On 22/09/2011 13:53, Michael McCandless wrote:
> The OverlappingLockExc sounds like somehow you are trying to open two
> writers at once on the same index.  Maybe try to boil down your code
> to a smaller test case?
Hi Mike

Just missed your reply please see my latest reply, I am opening two
writers but NOT on the same index.
> What OS/filesystem?  It's odd to get the "File too large" error.  I do
> wish Lucene would somehow decorate IOEs with the filename.....
Worked out this error is unrelated to the first one, and ocurred whilst
optimizing, Im using
FAT32,  would that be a 4GB file limit ?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message