lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael Sokolov <soko...@ifactory.com>
Subject Re: Search highlighter for custom Query implementations - how to?
Date Fri, 09 Sep 2011 22:08:56 GMT
Lukas there really isn't any support for custom Query types in
Highlighter, as you've found.  If you inherit from one of the types it
does support, or rewrite your query to one of them, that should work,
but the Query class just doesn't provide enough support for Highlighter
to work with in the general case. There is work in LUCENE-3318 which
could eventually help, but it's a ways away from being committed I
think.  At least that's my read of the code.

-Mike