lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <erik.hatc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Higher rank for closer matches
Date Wed, 21 Sep 2011 13:56:58 GMT
PhraseQuery suffices for the stated requirement of boosting when query terms are closer.  A
common technique is to incorporate a PhraseQuery with a large slop factor of the query terms
into the query automatically, which implicitly boosts matching documents when the query terms
are closer.  A SpanNearQuery would work too, but a PhraseQuery might be easier to incorporate
and will be faster performing.

	Erik