lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Sendros, Jason" <Jason.Send...@VerizonWireless.com>
Subject RE: deleting with sorting and max document
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2011 13:32:15 GMT
Vincent,

I think you may be looking for the following method:
http://lucene.apache.org/java/2_9_2/api/all/org/apache/lucene/index/Inde
xWriter.html#deleteDocuments%28org.apache.lucene.search.Query%29

Jason

-----Original Message-----
From: v.sevel@lombardodier.com [mailto:v.sevel@lombardodier.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 14, 2011 9:24 AM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: deleting with sorting and max document

Hi,

I have an index with 35 millions docs in it. every day I need to delete
some of the oldest docs that meet some criteria.

I can easily do this on the searcher by using search(Query query, int n,

Sort sort)

but there is nothing equivalent for the deleteDocuments.

what are my options?

thanks,

vincent

This message is intended only for use by the person to
whom it is addressed. It may contain information that is
privileged and confidential. Its content does not
constitute a formal commitment by Lombard Odier
Darier Hentsch & Cie or any of its branches or affiliates.
If you are not the intended recipient of this message,
kindly notify the sender immediately and destroy this
message. Thank You.