lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From SBS <jturn...@uow.edu.au>
Subject Re: How to ignore apostrophes in indexes and queries?
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2011 07:01:06 GMT
Could you possibly explain a bit more what you mean?  Perhaps a code snippet?
My own thoughts were to use a custom analyzer and in it apply a filter which
strips out apostrophes from the tokens.  This works very well and my search
returns all the valid matches but the highlighter returns no best fragments
and this is a serious problem.  Is that because the highlighter looks for
the sanitised tokens in the text instead of the raw tokens?

Perhaps your solution would not have this problem but I am unsure how to
implement it.

Thanks,

-sbs