lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: Lucene killing JVM
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2011 10:51:12 GMT
Hi,

If the other suggestions for checking RAM don't help, please remove all JVM
parameters from command line like the special GC configuration:

jvm_args:
-Djava.util.logging.config.file=/var/lib/tomcat6/conf/logging.properties
-Djava.awt.headless=true -Xms4000M -Xmx4000M -XX:PermSize=400m
-XX:MaxPermSize=400m -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseParNewGC
-XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC
-Djava.util.logging.manager=org.apache.juli.ClassLoaderLogManager
-Djava.endorsed.dirs=/usr/share/tomcat6/endorsed
-Dcatalina.base=/var/lib/tomcat6 -Dcatalina.home=/usr/share/tomcat6
-Djava.io.tmpdir=/tmp/tomcat6-tmp

The first thing I looked at was if you have aggressive optimizations
enabled, but that's not the case, so you are fine :-)

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen