lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Alain Sahli <alain.sa...@mimacom.com>
Subject Strange behavior of the StandardAnalyzer
Date Wed, 17 Aug 2011 07:30:34 GMT
Hello,

I set a field which contains a name of a person to Field.Index.ANALYZED. I use the StandardAnalyzer
for the seaching part and in general it works very well. But I found one strange case which
I have to change to fit the expectation of the customer. If I search for an exact name which
is a "combined" name (for example "Schwander-Widmer"), lucene don't find it. But if I search
"Schwander Widmer" without hyphen, lucene find the correct person.

I can't understand this, because from my point of view it should be the easiest search because
it's a perfect match. The name field contains only the name and if I write it correctly (with
or without hyphen) lucene shoud find it !

Thanks for your help !
Alain