lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ian Lea <ian....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Overriding default handling of '/' and '-'
Date Wed, 17 Aug 2011 16:50:50 GMT
What analyzer are you using?  You could build your own including
MappingCharFilter to replace / and - with something that didn't cause
splits.  You could also get clever and insert the translated value in
the token stream as well as the original which might give you the best
of both worlds.

If the codes were in their own field in your index you could use
KeywordAnalyzer for that field.

Whatever you do, don't forget to use the same analyzer at index and
search time, unless you are getting very clever.

Lucene in Action 2nd edition has useful info and code samples on
analysis chains, and much else besides.

--
Ian.