lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Bill Mitchell <voca...@attglobal.net>
Subject Maximum size of query to Lucene 2.4.1
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2011 20:50:22 GMT
I have an application using Hibernate Search 3.1.1-GA with Lucene 2.4.1 (via
lucene-snowball-2.4.1.jar ) on the backend.

Our query terms have gotten fairly lengthy (but not complex), consisting of
queries such as
*      "FOOBAR TERM" AND NOT (FOOBAZ OR FOOBLA OR JUNK)*

We've gone up to queries of this form with upwards of 2,500 characters.

Reading through listserv archives, I saw a posting saying that somebody had
done a queries with length 1meg, but just to be safe I am hoping for any
words of guidance.

(And, yes, we have on our roadmap to upgrade to newer libraries, to be
sure!)

regards
Bill