lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Simon Willnauer <simon.willna...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Thread locking while merging (ConcurrentMergeScheduler issue?)
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2011 16:39:01 GMT
On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 5:15 PM, Pierre-Henri Toussaint
<pierrehenri.toussaint@gmail.com> wrote:
> I tried to switch back to Lucene 3.2.0, same configuration, and I encountered
> the same problem, be at a later stage.
> See  http://piratepad.net/ep/pad/export/ro.kMgHIoReJ2w/rev.2?format=txt here
> the thread dump .

can you explain your configuration as well as the problem? I see one
thread merging (Runnable state) and three other merge threads that are
waiting on a lock. it seems that CMS has put them into wait state and
your indexing threads are blocking on a stall control (too many
merging threads). is it possible that you are flushing very often ie.
low ram buffer or low maxBufferedDocs so that many segments are
created?

simon