lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Zakian <>
Subject Adding Encryption to lucene indexes
Date Fri, 12 Aug 2011 19:15:50 GMT

I am currently adding Lucene (in combination with hibernate search) to a
medical record service. As such, I need to encrypt the indexes so that
unauthorized people don't have access to them by bypassing the system's
database security. I was wondering if anyone had a) implemented a security
measure that encrypts the indexes or b) if I were to write my own
encryption, what classes actually handle all the IO to and from the indexes.
In praticular, where would I get the Input/Output Streams in order to
encrypt them.

GSOC intern with OpenMRS